The most recent iteration of the xVIII carries forward the radical structural advancements of the xVIII design with yet another major industry-wide innovation: Pocock’s G8 (eighth generation) rigger, the first-ever bow-mounted carbon fiber wing rigger for an eight.
The bow-mounted wing rigger eliminates twisting and bending forces inflicted on the pin. Not only does this setup maximize the transfer of athlete power into boat speed, but also eliminates the need for a bowbrace.
Since the introduction of composites into racing shell design and manufacturing, Pocock’s goal has been to create racing shells that are not just fast and functional, but also works of industrial art. This is the pinnacle of that endeavor.
(10) Oars Comp Blade Skinny Shaft Composite Handles
(2) Spares: one port, one starboard
(8) EmPower Oarlock and SpeedCoach GPS 2 with Training Pack
(1) CoxBox GPS, Microphone with Headband, and Espresso Fast Charger
(8) KF-R600 Foot Stretcher
(8) KS-R700B Carbon Sole Rowing Shoes